Smartphones are cleverer than ever
They’re light, versatile and convenient – but watch your monthly data cap! Are they the right option for you?
These mobile phones connect to the Internet anywhere (the same as the 3G dongle) so you can get email, Facebook or browse the Internet using a private Internet connection via mobile phone towers.
However, data plan restrictions and the costs you’ll incur if you go over your data cap means they’re best used sparingly.
To learn more, check out these articles that review the most popular options to get online when travelling.
- Internet on the Road – Part 1: Search for important information and stay in–touch with family, friends or work
- Internet on the Road – Part 2: Wireless Anywhere 3G Internet (Dongle or Router)
- Internet on the Road – Part 3: WiFi Hotspots are good value when you’re in town
- Internet on the Road – Part 4: Apple iPad is great for travellers
- Internet on the Road – Part 6: Internet Cafes provide low cost access when you’re near populations
- Internet on the Road – Part 7: Satellite access is for the serious outback traveller