Satellite is for the serious outback traveller
Unlike many countries, Australia has large areas without mobile phone or Internet service.
Here’s how you can connect from wherever you are.
If you own a laptop, want to surf the net all day and want Internet access wherever you are (such as, if are running your business from your motorhome), then a satellite system might be your answer.
Compared to other options, a satellite system is expensive – both in terms of the setup & monthly costs.
On the other hand you’ll be buying reliable, 24/7 Internet access you can get anywhere from your own van.
To learn more, check out these articles that review the most popular options to get online when traveling.
- Internet on the Road – Part 1: Search for important information and stay in–touch with family, friends or work
- Internet on the Road – Part 2: Wireless Anywhere 3G Internet (Dongle or Router)
- Internet on the Road – Part 3: WiFi Hotspots are good value when you’re in town
- Internet on the Road – Part 4: Apple iPad is great for travellers
- Internet on the Road – Part 5: Smartphones are cleverer than ever
- Internet on the Road – Part 6: Internet Cafes provide low cost access when you’re near populations